Hotmail Tutorial - Table of Contents
Now, that your Hotmail account has been moved to Microsoft’s free Outlook service, you can login Hotmail account and log out on your Hotmail account from outlook.com or by using the mobile app on iOS devices! If it’s been a while since signing into another browser or email client with multiple accounts set up. you might have forgotten to stop there before logging back into MSN Live Messenger as well!–then don’t worry: just go ahead and remotely delete unwanted spam emails from any computer/phone. You can log in to Hotmail and log out of Hotmail or by using the mobile app for iPhones/Android devices! If it is easier on one device than another then just use whichever platform takes fewer steps to signout out an email account from either location effectively – whether it’s through a computer browser window or via a smartphone app.
Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to Hotmail log out of all devices.
How to log out of Hotmail on a Phone or Tablet?
How do you log out of your account on a phone or tablet? This is an important question to ask, and we’re going to help you find the answer. To log out of your Microsoft account on a mobile device, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app on your phone or tablet. It’s the icon that looks like a calendar and envelope with an “O” on it, which can also be used to sign out of all sessions if desired.
This method will log you out of this current session only but not any others unless logged into other devices as well.
- Tap your profile photo. It’s at the top-left corner! If you don’t have a profile picture set, then an outline of a person’s head and shoulders will be visible instead.”
- Tap the gear icon. It’s at the bottom left corner.
- Tap on the account you want to sign out from. Any signed-in accounts appear below the “Mail Accounts” header, and if multiple accounts are active they need to be deactivated separately before signing out each for complete isolation of mail access through alternative methods such as IMAP/POP.
- Tap “Delete Account”. It’s at the bottom! Don’t worry, this won’t permanently delete your Hotmail/Outlook account. It’ll just remove it from the app on your phone or tablet and you can always add it back if needed.
6. Tap Delete to confirm. You are now signed out of this account on this phone or tablet!
To sign back in, just re-open the app and select Add Account.”
How to Sign Out Hotmail on a Computer?
Now, we will show you how to log out of Hotmail on a computer. This is important for security reasons and for making sure that no one can access your email account without your permission.
To log out of your Hotmail Account on a Computer, follow these steps:
- Go to hotmail.com in your web browser. This displays your Hotmail inbox if you’re logged in.
But, this method will only log you out of the current session. If you are logged in on another computer, phone, or tablet, you’ll remain logged in there unless you log out of all locations.
- Click on your initials or profile photo in the top right corner of your inbox.
3. Click on the Sign Out button and you will be logged off of this computer.
How to log out of Hotmail from All Locations?
Logging out of Hotmail is an easy process that the majority of people know how to do. However, if you are looking for a step-by-step guide with pictures on how to logout Hotmail from all locations, follow the instructions given below:
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security in a web browser. As of 2021, Microsoft has implemented a feature that allows you to log out of Outlook (formerly Hotmail) everywhere else that you’re signed in.
- Click the advanced security options to see a lockbox, key and padlock.
- Click Sign me out. It’s the blue link below the “Additional security” section to finish setting up your account for logging in again later if necessary! A confirmation message will appear, telling you that it should take effect within 24 hours.”
- Click Sign me out to confirm. If you share your sign-in with someone else (like your spouse) they will also sign out, unless they sign in again to their own account after you sign out. Change that password as soon as possible! Two-factor authentication is an excellent way for adding another layer of security to your account.
Video Tutorial for How to log out Hotmail or Sign out Account?
Things to remember while sign out Hotmail account
When you log out of Hotmail, your account will not be accessible to anyone else. It is also important to remember that you can’t log out of Hotmail completely. You’ll need to delete your account and then any email address associated with it will be deleted as well.
This is how we log out of Hotmail on a Phone or Tablet, Computer, and from All Locations. Hope you found this article helpful. If you have any queries about how to log out of Hotmail, please leave a comment.